Wusthof Epicure 7" Santoku Knife, Hollow Ground
The perfect blend between a traditional German Chef’s knife and Asian Chai Dao, the Epicure Santoku is the most versatile blade designed for all cutting tasks. Featuring a hollow-ground edge, the dimples on the knife create air pockets allowing food to easily slide away from the blade. With its wide curved belly, this knife creates the perfect rocking motion for mincing and slicing vegetables, seafood, and meats. With the efficiency and lightness of Japanese knives paired with the quality and strength of German steel, Epicure embodies a new type of knife – one that works with all cooking styles and sets the standard for performance and function. Forged from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel, Epicure offers the standard WÜSTHOF Rockwell hardness of 58º, the ideal hardness for lasting edge retention, integral blade strength, and ease of maintenance. Every EPICURE knife undergoes a PEtec sharpening process developed by WÜSTHOF to achieve an edge that is 20% sharper at a 15º angle, with double the edge retention for a blade that will last a lifetime. Using the most unique materials in the industry, the Epicure handle is crafted from a durable wood composite and resin. The ergonomic shape is contoured to adapt to the natural contraction of the hand; it’s wider in the front third, then tapered towards the back. For everyone who lives to cook, WÜSTHOF’s new line of Epicure knives will inspire creativity while enhancing performance.
- A classic amongst Asian knives – ideal for cutting and chopping meat, vegetables and herbs.
- The Hollow Ground edge reduces food from sticking to the blade of the knife.
- 17 cm (6½") blade length
- Handle is made from sustainable natural fibres and resin – tactile and durable
- The new bolster shape and wider blades enable efficient safe working
- Forged from a piece of high alloy X50CrMoV15 blade steel and annealed to 58 HRC ensures a durable cutting-edge ideal for re-sharpening.
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) for maximum sharpness at a 15° blade angle.
- Wash by hand only
- Quality - Made in Germany / Solingen.