Wusthof Epicure 6" Half Bolster Cook's Knife
Known as the “jack of all trades”, the WÜSTHOF Epicure 6” cook’s knife conquers any challenge in the kitchen. This all-purpose knife is the most important tool in the Epicure line up designed for a variety of cutting tasks including; chopping, slicing, dicing, mincing, and disassembling. With its wider curved belly, the blade is ideal for creating a rocking motion while providing additional surface area to easily transport food to the pot. The half bolster reduces the weight of the knife, and allows you to use the entire blade while cutting. Forged from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel, Epicure offers the standard WÜSTHOF Rockwell hardness of 58º, the ideal hardness for lasting edge retention, integral blade strength, and ease of maintenance. Every EPICURE knife undergoes a PEtec sharpening process developed by WÜSTHOF to achieve an edge that is 20% sharper at a 15º angle, with double the edge retention for a blade that will last a lifetime. Using the most unique materials in the industry, the Epicure handle is crafted from a durable wood composite and resin. The ergonomic shape is contoured to adapt to the natural contraction of the hand; it’s wider in the front third, then tapered towards the back. For everyone who lives to cook, WÜSTHOF’s new line of Epicure knives will inspire creativity while enhancing performance.
- The new wide blade is ideal for slicing, cutting, chopping and shredding all types of food and ensures the knife glides safely through the food.
- The half-bolster reduces the weight of the knife and enables the whole blade to be re-sharpened.
- Handle is made from sustainable natural fibres and resin – tactile and durable.
- Forged from a piece of high alloy X50CrMoV15 blade steel and annealed to 58 HRC ensures a durable cutting-edge ideal for re-sharpening.
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) for maximum sharpness at a 14° blade angle.
- Wash by hand only