Cooking Classes @ The Casual Gourmet
Due to COVID-19 our classes and events are currently on pause.
Cast Iron Cooking!
Join Jonny Blonde, at the Casual Gourmet! Jonny will walk you through a meal of his favourite dishes - all made in a raw cast iron skillet! A kitchen essential in any home; cast iron skillets are extremely durable and versatile, making them perfect for any cooking method from stove-top to oven to grill!Call to book
Labour day cookin' ! Dinner & Cocktails
The ultimate of the end of Summer cookouts with Chef and Cocktail Master, Jeremy Parsons! Inspired menu includes:
- Pineapple, mancheggo and pickled jalapeno stuffed US wild shrimp wrapped in speck with a maple bourbon glaze paired with a guava margarita.
- Hoisin salmon two bite tacos with passion fruit salsa, paired with a burnt orange prosecco.
- Santa fe pork dumplings with chimmichri sauce, paired with a strawberry basil gin fizz.
- Passion-fruit, blackberry champagne sorbet.
Chef Ken LeFebour
Dinner with Nellie James!
Join local Dundas Chef, Ken LeFebour of Nellie James for a night of culinary excellence! With a focus on local, and fresh ingredients Chef Ken will create a three course meal of his favourite dishes. Learn his tips and tricks on how to get creative with what is in season. A night you do not want to miss!Call to book
Let's go to Paris! Dinner & Cocktails
Enjoy a Parisian feast with your closet friends lead by Chef and Cocktail Master, Jeremy Parsons. Inspired Menu includes:
- Madeira and honey glazed mushroom and leek toasts with XO beemster - paired with a peach and thyme old fashioned.
- Croque monsieur royale - French roasted rosemary ham, caramelized onions and cave aged gruyere cheese served golden brown and paired with wine.
- Mushroom, micro green, iberico ham and shrimp crepes in a sweet pea cream sauce paired with a French 75
- Rum and cinnamon flambe peaches in crepes with chocolate and frangelico whipped cream.
Pizza Party! - Vegan
Learn everything about making the perfect pizza with vegan Chef, Fraser of That Planted Fork. Class will include making your own pizza dough from scratch, a homemade tomato sauce, dipping sauce, and prep toppings! Learn how to properly shape your pizza, top it and bake for pizza perfection! Class will also learn how to make Fraser's world famous Caesar salad!Call to book
Plant Based Taco Night!
Make Taco Tuesday any night of the week with Chef Fraser of That Planted Fork! Start off with a black bean, home-made Tofu Tex Mex Salad. Then perfect delicious panko crusted squash tacos with homemade slaw and spicy crema.Call to book
Knife Skills 101
Knives are the most important tools in any chef’s kitchen. Our Knife Skills Workshop course helps you build your confidence with knives and become safe, comfortable and efficient using them. Practice sharpening methods – a core foundational skill that will be indispensable as you develop your culinary repertoire. Learn basic skills such as slicing, dicing, chopping and mincing through hands-on practice with your sharpened knives.Call to book
Email us for further details and inquires at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class dates and theme will be dependent upon chef's schedule. Please let us know if you have any allergies when booking a class. Refund Policy: One week (7 days) prior class. All classes are held onsite at the Casual Gourmet*prices based on an 8 person class